Did you know...
- Gyros (yiros) in Greece have chips in them. Yum. This should be compulsory.
- Our trip wasnt all toursty and busy times. Adam read 4 books on this trip. Jess read 3. Plus loads of UK magazines (some of which we still have if anyone wants to catch up on the Jordan and Kerry Katona goss.)
- Americans are the most annoying tourists in existence.
- In Spain, they really like lollies!! Lolly shops seem to be everywhere. Like drink stands on the sides of roads.. but full of sugary goodness instead.
- By the end of the trip, our bags weighed a combined 50kg. Adam carried them both up and down sooo many stairs (67 in one hotel, 56 in another). Go Dougy!
- Carafes of house wine are actually pretty good in Italy. And only cost about 4 euro. Bargain!
- Every country has different flavoured potato chips. We were particularly fond of the 'ham and cheese' ones in Spain. Smiths, take note.
- We had 2 alcohol-free days in the 42 day trip.
- We played heaps of Uno. And we scored it, like Kristy and James taught us. By close of trip, jess was up by about 300 points.
- Every bottle of Chianti Classico wine is tested and numbered by the government. Wineries are shut down if they dont comply.
- Toilets can be scary in Europe. Apart from in hotels, they rarely have seats. Like, you're meant to sit on the bowl. And you have to pay to use most public ones. And some are literally just a hole in the ground with footprints either side. Hope you've got good aim!!
- In Italy, they say "prego" repeatedly. At least 10 times an hour.
- Adam didnt drink Lion Nathan beers for a change... Mythos & Kronenberg were favourites.
That's all for now.