We're home. We have been for 2 months now. But the blog feels a little unfinished so we thought we should wind it up. Nobody likes it when the DVD goes fuzzy right at the end.. or you realise you have to return you library book before you have even finished it.. or you miss the final episode of your favourite show. Anyway, you get the picture.
The trip is over. The flight home was bearable..massively helped by our decision in Singapore to pay to have a shower.. and then a massage.. and then some foot reflexology. This is highly recommended to anyone taking that long flight.
We set out to have the trip of a lifetime and can honestly say that we did. We saw amazing sights, did fantastic things, ate a fair bit (in case you hadn't noticed).. And we managed to do it all without too many dramas, without tearing each others eyes out, and we even came home with money in the bank.
It was the trip of a lifetime, but it certainly wont be the last trip of our lifetimes and we are already planning future adventures to come.
Next on the list: a wedding. Followed by a quick honeymoon in Bali. Don't think we'll blog that one though!
Until next time! xox
Monday, September 20, 2010
Just realised this has been sitting in drafts for the 2 months that we've been home. Better publish it.
Did you know...
Did you know...
- Gyros (yiros) in Greece have chips in them. Yum. This should be compulsory.
- Our trip wasnt all toursty and busy times. Adam read 4 books on this trip. Jess read 3. Plus loads of UK magazines (some of which we still have if anyone wants to catch up on the Jordan and Kerry Katona goss.)
- Americans are the most annoying tourists in existence.
- In Spain, they really like lollies!! Lolly shops seem to be everywhere. Like drink stands on the sides of roads.. but full of sugary goodness instead.
- By the end of the trip, our bags weighed a combined 50kg. Adam carried them both up and down sooo many stairs (67 in one hotel, 56 in another). Go Dougy!
- Carafes of house wine are actually pretty good in Italy. And only cost about 4 euro. Bargain!
- Every country has different flavoured potato chips. We were particularly fond of the 'ham and cheese' ones in Spain. Smiths, take note.
- We had 2 alcohol-free days in the 42 day trip.
- We played heaps of Uno. And we scored it, like Kristy and James taught us. By close of trip, jess was up by about 300 points.
- Every bottle of Chianti Classico wine is tested and numbered by the government. Wineries are shut down if they dont comply.
- Toilets can be scary in Europe. Apart from in hotels, they rarely have seats. Like, you're meant to sit on the bowl. And you have to pay to use most public ones. And some are literally just a hole in the ground with footprints either side. Hope you've got good aim!!
- In Italy, they say "prego" repeatedly. At least 10 times an hour.
- Adam didnt drink Lion Nathan beers for a change... Mythos & Kronenberg were favourites.
That's all for now.